hth companies, inc. is a full service contractor offering a wide array of services including mechanical insulation, scaffold erection, general contracting, industrial cleaning and maintenance, welding, pipefitting, and confined space rescue. With more than 400 employees working in 13 states, hth companies, inc. is equipped to meet your needs. Our experience includes, but is not limited to, the following projects and facilities: refineries, grain processing plants, ethanol plants, chemical plants, military and government facilities, precipitators, office buildings, hospitals, schools, commercial buildings, refrigeration systems, and industrial applications.
hth companies focuses primarily on insulation of HVAC piping, equipment, ductwork, and plumbing systems in commercial and industrial settings. We have the knowledge and experience necessary to successfully complete small and large scale insulation projects.
At hth companies, our insulation mechanics are experienced and always up-to-date with the latest technology and installation methods, allowing us to deliver a functional, cost-effective product with a superior hand-crafted finish.
hth companies is proud of the quality of work produced by our insulators, and we believe that our insulators are second to none. Our aim is to continue to produce quality work. To that end, we utilize the
National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) program for insulators to teach/refresh our insulators in techniques of applying various materials, as well as to acquaint them with all various applications. We are also proud of our apprentice-training program, which is recognized and approved by the U.S. Department of Labor.
hth companies also offers specialized services such as energy appraisals, trace heating installation, and removable insulation blankets.
- Energy Appraisals: hth companies has a certified energy appraiser on staff to assist customers with their energy needs. Mechanical systems in commercial and industrial settings consume large amounts of energy in order to heat and cool water and air. Energy loss prevention provided through the insulation of mechanical systems greatly reduces the cost of energy. hth companies understands the importance of energy loss prevention and will work hand-in-hand with our customers to meet their cost saving needs.
- Trace Heat Thermal Install: Electrical and steam trace is a system used to maintain or raise the temperature of pipes and vessels. Trace heating may be used to protect pipes from freezing, to maintain a constant flow temperature in hot water systems, or to maintain process temperatures for piping that must transport substances that solidify at ambient temperatures. hth companies is has ample experience working with thermal insulation to ensure trace heat systems are operating as designed.
- Removable insulation blankets: hth companies fabricates and installs custom-fit, removable, reusable insulation blankets.
hth companies is a full-service scaffold company providing scaffold erection, dismantle and rental services. hth companies maintains a complete line of scaffold strategically staged throughout the Midwest in order respond quickly to customer needs, including emergency work. We own various scaffold types, including system, tube and clamp and frame scaffolds, which allow us to complete a variety of projects. Our crews are staffed to meet a multitude of scopes, from routine maintenance to complete plant turnarounds.
We pride ourselves on our ability to construct high quality structures. Scaffolds erected by hth companies will be solidly constructed to meet or exceed OSHA standards. Our staff is well trained, highly knowledgeable and capable of performing work at any height to help your project succeed.
In 1994, hth companies started a General Contracting division specializing in remodeling and refurbishing in the commercial and industrial market. Our main focus was working for the United States Postal Service in remodeling their facilities in the Missouri and Illinois market place. In 1995, we expanded our general contracting division, opening an additional location in Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri. This division specializes in government contracts both for new construction and remodeling of existing facilities. From wood frame structures to pre-engineered building, hth companies, has the knowledge and expertise to manage and perform your project from start to finish.
hth companies operates a fleet of specialized vacuum trucks, which includes the following:
- Guzzler classic design air machines
- Guzzler Ennex with dust collections system & dense phase offload
- Liquid ring vacuum trucks
- Pump trucks
Our goal is to provide the most economical solution to expedite the needs of our clients. With an extensive fleet of equipment, hth companies is capable of providing a wide range of industrial vacuum services, including the following:
- Product transfer including dense phase offload system
- Grease trap cleaning
- Clarifier & sump cleaning
- Sand & gravel removal
- Sludge removal
- Daylighting/vacuum excavation
- Sewer line cleaning & sewer bypass
- Above & under ground storage tank cleaning
- Waste water treatment digester cleaning
hth companies has the water-blasting solution for your projects. We are equipped to meet the high-intensity demands of routine maintenance cleaning, pre-commissioning and decommissioning projects, scheduled outages and emergency response services. hth companies utilizes state-of-the-art equipment to ensure the job is done well the first time.
Our skilled technicians engage lancing operations to remove the most adherent scale deposits within a variety of process piping. hth companies lancing operations provide for a safe and consistent cleaning of main condensers boilers, heat exchanger tubes, evaporator tubes, bundles, and small I.D. process piping. Custom-built pumps enable pressure ranging from 10,000 to 40,000 p.s.i. depending on application and volume capabilities up to 100 gallons per minute (gpm), reducing utilization costs and effluent generation.
Our hydroblasting services include:
- Tank cleaning
- Process pipe cleaning / jetting
- Sewer routing
- ID Fans
- Heat exchangers
- Hands-free cleaning
- Water demolition
In addition to hydroblasting, hth companies also
provides water-free cleaning methods.
hth companies, inc. offers industrial maintenance services to a wide range of companies with varied site and industry-specific needs. From everyday maintenance in fully functioning plants to high-demand situations including turnarounds and emergency shutdowns, hth companies provides well-trained team members, quality control of processes and excellent value to our customers.
Our services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Preventative maintenance
- Oil changes and belt replacements
- Pipefitting and welding
- Drag chain conveyers/screw conveyer inspection and repair
- Expansion joints and seal replacement
- Pump and valve replacement
- Rebuilding and replacing motors and gear boxes
- Examining and adjusting tolerances on air locks
- Installation of blinds and open man ways for cleaning or maintenance
- Replacement of pumps, values and agitators
- Column tunneling and repairs
- Transfer drag inspections
- Water demolition
Confined Space Rescue
Confined space rescues can be technically challenging due to the environment in which they occur. Confined spaces are often narrow and constricting preventing easy access by rescuers. Visibility in a confined space is limited which further complicates rescue services.
hth companies confined space rescue teams consist of Fire/Rescue, Paramedic, and Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT) who are trained to the highest standards. Our teams have the capabilities to quickly and effectively manage any and all emergency situations in the safest and most efficient ways possible including Immediately Dangerous to Life or Health Concentrations (IDLH) atmospheres. Our personnel have been trained to understand and abide by OSHA and NFPA standards to ensure each and every rescue is executed safely.